Quail farming business is not really popular like other poultry farm business like chicken; despite the egg being very nutritious and beneficial to health.
Even at that, it’s a lucrative business that’s booming due to high demand. Quail are reared for either their eggs or meat and these byproducts are very expensive which has made it a goldmine.
- How To Start A Cocoa Export Business And Make Money
- How To Start A Solar Energy [Panel] Installation Business In Kenya
However, I will advice you delve into the egg production part cause of how lucrative and high the demand is.
If you’re able to start a quail farming business here in Kenya, be rest assured that you’ll start making money nonstop without any hassle.
Most health personnel or practitioners never cease to recommend quail eggs because of its numerous health benefits.
According to research, quail eggs helps battle some health challenges like High blood pressure, gastric ulcer, liver problems, asthma etc.
A pregnant woman who is having difficulty can also take this rare gem. There have been many accounts of pregnant women who were placed on quail eggs for safe delivery.
The economic and health benefits of quail eggs are countless and might not even contain in this page if I make an attempt to list them here.
This article is going to be a detailed business plan on how to start quail farming business here in Kenya.
This business is not capital-intensive nor is it draining. All it requires is a little investment and time.
- 10 Best SmartPhones Between 60,000 To 80,000 Naira In 2018
- How To Start A Rice Distribution Business In Kenya
WHY YOU SHOULD START A QUAIL FARMING BUSINESS
1. EMPLOYMENT – In a country where over 10 million graduates are with no job, quail farming business will gainfully employ you. Not only will you be employed, you’ll be better off than those who have taken up some banking or government jobs. This business has the potential of making you rich in months if done well.
2. LUCRATIVE – Quail farming business is a lucrative poultry farming that is guaranteed to spill in lots of money into your account. Its products like egg are considered a holy grail which means, it’s very hard to find but high in demand.
3. EASY TO START – If there’s any business out there that’s very cheap to start, quail farming business is one of them. It doesn’t require any technical know how. It doesn’t need millions either. With the right knowledge, you’ll be able to start this business and make money in months.
4. FAST MATURITY – This is another factor that has made quail farming business a lucrative venture. Unlike other poultry birds like chickens, quail attains maturity within 5 to 6 weeks.
By then, they have started laying eggs already. If they are well fed, one quail is able to lay one egg per day or 5 eggs a week on the average.
HOW TO START A QUAIL FARMING BUSINESS
1. A DETAILED FEASIBILITY STUDY
Just like every business, you need to conduct a feasibility study before you invest your finance. Doing this will give you a detailed overview of what you’re going into.
A detailed feasibility study of quail business will expose the rate of demand and the location of your target market.
Because of the fact that quail eggs isn’t popular like chicken, you’ve to be sure that they will be demanded in your area. You won’t like to start this business only to realize in the end that there’s no market for it in your location. That will be disaster.
Where do you want to stay and run this business? This shouldn’t be a hurdle cause quail farming can be situated anywhere.
If possible, at your backyard cause they don’t eminent any foul smell like chicken poultry.
The housing in the other hand should be 2 steps, 4 feet width and 4 feet length. You’re free to build something bigger depending on how big or small you’re starting.
When building their structure, make sure that it is built with predators and thieves in mind. Make sure it’s well guided and secured.
Most prospects usually think that quails have their own special food or supplements. Well, that’s far from the truth.
They can feed on chicken feeds. Why I usually recommend quail farming business is because they don’t eat heavily at all, unlike their counterparts. Per quail can consume 25grams of feeds per day and be contented while a chicken can feed over 150grams a day and still want more.
With quail farming, you won’t be spending ridiculous amounts of money on feeds cause they are not heavy consumers. Within 5 to 6 weeks, they are ready to make you some money by laying eggs on a daily basis.
HOW TO MARKET YOUR QUAIL PRODUCE
Whether you’re marketing the eggs or the meat, the processes are the same.
Just like every other business, promotion is what you need to stay in business and reap the full benefits. Quail eggs might not be popular now, but there are speculations that it will soon overtake chicken eggs due to its tremendous benefits.
By now, it’s believed you’ve done your homework by knowing the available market through your feasibility study. Now is the time to reach out to them.
There are other mediums of exposing your business like going online; perhaps through the creation of a website or Facebook page. Don’t underestimate any mode, explore all marketing strategies and you’ll smile in return.
- Start Lucrative Rabbit Farming Business In Kenya [Step By Step Guide]
- How To Start Profitable Pig Farming Business In Kenya
There’s no limit to how high you can grow in quail farming business. You can even employ more hands to help, especially when the business have grown to an impressive height.
If you want to enjoy life and live in luxury, being your own boss is the way and quail business will make sure your dreams become a reality.
The only challenge this business faces is that of predators and thieves, but with the right measure, they will never be experienced.